Peace of Mind from Arvada Roofing & Construction
As storm season rolls around in Colorado, keep these facts about hail in mind and make sure your Denver roof is fully functional with un-damaged shingles.
Preventative roof maintenance now keeps you from paying more for Denver roof repairs in the future.
Colorado Hail Damage Facts & Your Denver Roof:
- Hail damage to your Denver roof is not visible from the ground.
- If your Denver area neighbors are getting a new roof after a big storm, you need to get your roof inspected.
- Hail damage does not typically cause leaks.
- The effects of Colorado hail damage will start to show 2-3 years down the road.
- Impact from Colorado hail storms removes the granule material on the surface of the shingle, exposing the asphalt layer of your Denver roof to the sunlight and ultraviolet (UV) rays.
- The asphalt layer of the shingle is black, which makes it hard to see hail damage to your roof.
- Damage is easier to see on light colored shingles as opposed to darker colored shingles.
- UVA/UVB (sunlight) rays cause shingles to break down and fail; that is why your insurance will pay to replace your roof. (Insurance companies do not pay for unnecessary repairs.)
- Notifying your insurance company in a timely manner is important, as most policies give the homeowner 180 days-1 year from the date the damage occurred to file a claim.
Click here for a free estimate, or give us a call to see what we can do for your roofing, gutter, and siding needs! 303-432-2753.